Wouldn’t it be great if you could provide your customers with answers to their questions before they contacted you with a new support request? Ever wondered about empowering your customers with self-service? Today is your day! We’re hosting a discussion in our forums focused on best practices for ticket deflection.
Throughout the day, I’ll post suggestions on how to encourage your customers to use self-service. I’ll also discuss analytical tools available for Zendesk that can help you find ways to increase ticket deflection. We’ll finish up today’s conversation with a discussion of how Zendesk approaches ticket deflection. But this is a two-way street: I welcome your tips and ideas on what has worked for you!
The discussion is already underway; we kicked it off with Promoting Self-Help. Here are some highlights:
- Create a marketing campaign around the launch of your Help Center.
- Encourage self-help by reminding customers about your knowledge base in your communications with them.
- Make navigating to your knowledge base easy and accessible from multiple locations.
- Promote bookmarking your knowledge base and make authentication seamless by incorporating single sign-on.
- Keep the search bar above-the-fold on your knowledge base pages and in a prominent location.
Head over to the forums for more details and tips, and to join the conversation.
This discussion continues our Customer Success Spotlight series: a monthly discussion in our forums about a specific topic. Hosted by a Zendesk Customer Success Manager, each day-long discussion will include Zendesk-posted content as well as tips and ideas from our customer community.
The next Customer Success Spotlight is scheduled for September 18th: End-User Adoption. Mark your calendar!