Zendesk ranks in top 10 of USA Today’s Climate Leaders
Published May 25, 2023
Zendesk has been honored in USA Today’s America’s Climate Leaders, ranking at 8th on its inaugural list, which recognizes 400 U.S. companies for their efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG).
Companies were chosen based on reported emissions data including year-over-year reduction of emission intensity, total emissions reduction, and whether a company participated in programs that help companies set emission reduction targets. Statista, a market and consumer data company, provided the analysis.
“We’re honored by this recognition from USA Today, which validates our dedication to contributing to combating climate change,” said Megan Trotter VP, Social Impact, Zendesk. “It’s our responsibility to safeguard the planet for future generations by prioritizing sustainable practices, and we’re more committed than ever to continuing on this journey.”
We recently made major announcements to show our efforts to be an environmentally sustainable company including:
- Signed our first carbon removal offtake agreement, enabling Charm Industrial to remove and permanently store 112,000 tons of CO2 underground.
- Joined the Science Based Targets initiative and are committed to setting additional climate goals in line with the 1.5°C futures.
- Achieved carbon neutrality on employee travel and offered customers a carbon neutral product.
- Are investing in a diverse portfolio of nature-based and engineering-focused carbon removal solutions, which sequester greenhouse gasses from the atmosphere.
- We’ve purchased 100% renewable energy and certificates for our global offices since 2019.
Learn more about our sustainability strategy and our commitment to corporate responsibility here.